First Posted: 7/23/2008
The Board of Trustees of the Waverly Community House reports that the resurfacing project of the tennis court located on the back lawn of the Comm is complete and that the courts are open for play. Tennis clinics and private lessons began on June 30 and will run through August 8.
The summer tennis program is coordinated by Jay De Santo, a member of the tennis team at the College of the Holy Cross. He is assisted by his brother, Jeff De Santo, a member of the Abington Heights tennis team.
This completes the upgrading of recreational facilities at the Comm. The tennis courts, playground and green space are maintained by the Comm staff for the benefit of the community. Funding for the tennis court project was made possible in part through a Community and Economic Development Grant, sponsored by Representative James Wansacz. For further information or to register for tennis clinics or private lessons visit or call 586-8191 ext. 2. The Comm is located at 1115 N. Abington Road, Waverly.