First Posted: 9/3/2014
The Ransom Township Fall Clean-up will be held from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, Sept. 26 and from 7 a.m. to noon Saturday, Sept. 27, announced Supervisor Dennis Macheska at the board’s regular meeting Sept. 2 at the municipal building on Hickory Lane.
Dumpsters for the clean-up for Milwaukee will be on Hickory Lane and in Mount Dewey at the same location. Macheska specified no tires or closed paint cans will be accepted, and identification may be required.
In other business…
• Supervisor William “Bud” Brown announced the MS4 stormwater management information is now available on the township’s website at ransomtownship.com/MS4.htm. The township is seeking community volunteers to help out with the ongoing program, reporting stormwater conditions, performing cleanups and spreading the word to neighbors on a regular basis.
• The board voted unanimously to renew a lease with Black Sheep Squadron Radio Control Flyers for use of the greenspace property.
• An inspection report and engineer’s report was received for Alliance Landfill, noting no violations.
• The treasury report shows $973,061.45 in the general fund and 1,340,644.09 in liquid fuels.
• Roadmaster David Bird gave the road report, stating the road work is almost complete, with Evergreen Drive expected to be finished Sept. 3 and Sekol Avenue already complete. He said the road crew is currently mowing.
• This month’s recycling dates are Sept. 18 for Milwaukee and Ransom and Sept. 19 for Mount Dewey.
• The next regular township supervisors meeting is scheduled for Oct. 6 at Mount Dewey Community Hall.