First Posted: 3/21/2007
The Lackawanna County Majority Commissioners in partnership with the Lackawanna County Council on the Arts announced today that the Municipality Grants for 2007 are now available.
The Council on the Arts will award up to $500 to each county governmental division for an arts, cultural or heritage project that the municipal officials believe the people in the town, borough or city would enjoy.
To receive the award, the chairperson of the municipal governing body must submit a letter to Regina Peters, Department on Education and Culture. The letter must include the following information:
* Who would benefit from this project?
* What other individuals or groups will partner and work with you (if any)?
* What is the description of the project requested to be funded? There is a limit of 20 to 40 words.
* When will the proposed project take place? Events must occur between January 1, 2007 and December 31, 2007.
* Where will the project take place?
* Who will oversee the project and insure that it happens?
* How will you let the people know the project is happening?
* How will you evaluate your success?
* Who is the contact person?
In 2006, the County awarded 20 of the 40 municipalities in the area a grant that brought enjoyment to its residents. The funded activities include art exhibits, concerts, fairs, and family oriented fun.
For more information, contact Regina Peters, executive director of the Lackawanna County Council on the Arts at 963-6800 or .