Looking for a fun and kid-friendly project to help pass the time on a lazy summer day? Try making your own pig and chick windsocks, with these simple instructions.
What you will need
• Pink, yellow, orange and black construction paper
• Glue and/or tape
• Hole punch
• Black marker
1. Start by cutting the construction paper in half, then roll the ends together to make a cylinder and tape or glue them closed.
2. Use the other half of the construction paper to make 3 or 4 long strips.
3. Fold the strips back and forth to crinkle, and use for the streamers.
4. Tape the streamers to the bottom of the inside of the cylinder.
5. For the chick, make some head feathers, a beak, eyes, and wings for detail. For the pig, cut out ears and 2 different size circles: one for the face, the other for the nose. Eyes can be drawn or cut out.
Jennifer Familetti is program coordinator at the Dalton Community Library. Reach the Abington Journal newsroom at 570-587-1148 or email@example.com.