CLARKS SUMMIT — The Abington Business and Professional Association’s Home for the Holidays Open House Weekend will be held Friday through Sunday, Nov. 20 through 22 at various downtown locations.
Businesses will open their doors to the community for the holiday shopping season and feature complimentary goodies and beverages along with store specials. The event will also feature a drawing for a $150 shopping spree, visits with Santa, food, carols, the borough’s annual Lighting of the Lights ceremony, a Gifts that Give Back sale to benefit the Countryside Conservancy and more.
Participating locations include Sonia’s Contemporary Clothing, Paulette’s Pretty Purses, 13 Olives, Sanderson State Street, Clarks Green Assembly of God Church, CLOE and Company, La Tonalteca, Everything Natural, Sole to Soul, The Ave, Essential Beauty, Clel’s Place, Abington Community Library, Glow Anti-Aging and Cosmetic Laser Center, Woods and Company, Citizens Savings Bank, Peoples Security Bank and Trust, Stately Pet Supply and National Running Center.
The schedule is as follows:
• Free children’s craft, 5 to 7 p.m. at Abington Art Studio.
• Lighting of the Community Tree, honoring Warren Watkins and live music from the Heritage Christmas Ensemble at 6 p.m. at Citizens Savings Bank.
• Live candlelight choir at 6:25 p.m. top the steps of Our Lady of Snows.
• Lighting of the lights with the Clarks Green Assembly of God Church Carolers at 7 p.m. at the downtown clock tower area.
• Visit with Santa from approximately 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. throughout town. Children will receive a small gift.
• Gifts that Give Back, from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Participants include CLOE and Company, Everything Natural, Glow Anti-Aging Laser and Cosmetic Center and Woods and Company. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Countryside Conservancy.
Information provided by the Abington Business and Professional Association.