Here’s what you need to make your own winter hot chocolate mug decorations:
• Three half sheets of construction paper — one brown and the others your color of choice.
• Two pieces of ribbon, about eight inches long
• One piece of cotton
• A pencil
1. Using your pencil, draw a rounded shaped coffee mug with a “C” shaped handle. If needed, use a real cup for tracing. Then with the brown paper, draw a long oval shape that is the same width as the coffee mug. This will look like hot chocolate.
2. Cut out the two shapes, and glue the brown “hot chocolate” to the top opening of the mug.
3. Pull a few small pieces of cotton from the cotton ball and make small circles that will resemble marshmallows. For each marshmallow, put a drop of glue on the brown hot chocolate. Place the marshmallow on the glue and let each one dry.
4. If you’d like to make a bow for your mug, use your pencil to tie the ribbon around. Make a bow, then slide it off the pencil. Glue it to the front of your mug.
5. Decorate the front of your mug with stickers or drawings, if you like.
Jennifer Familetti is program coordinator at the Dalton Community Library. Reach the Abington Journal newsroom at 570-587-1148 or [email protected]