Are you ready to celebrate Earth Day on Friday, April 22? Make this fun Earth Day Crown to show what you love most about nature and the great outdoors.
What you will need:
• One sheet of green construction paper
• Markers or crayons
• Clear tape
• Safety scissors
1. Cut the green construction paper lengthwise into three equal strips. You may only need two strips, depending on your head size.
2. Tape two of the strips together at one end.
3. Using scissors, cut small strips along the length of one side to look like grass.
4. Use markers to draw many outdoor decorations or sights such as flowers, butterflies, or trees. You can decorate with smiley faces, hearts or anything that you’d like to represent the earth. Stickers may also be used to decorate.
5. After your pictures are drawn and decorating is complete, use tape to close the ends together to make a circle that fits around your head. If the third strip of paper is needed to make ends meet, you can decorate and cut that piece to match the rest of your crown.
Jennifer Familetti is program coordinator at the Dalton Community Library. Reach the Abington Journal newsroom at 570-587-1148 or [email protected]