SCRANTON — Marywood University Art Galleries and the Department of Visual Arts will present the Senior Art Exhibition 2016 from Saturday, April 16, through Sunday, May 1 in the Mahady Gallery, located on the first floor in the Shields Center for Visual Arts. The exhibit opens with a celebratory reception from 2 to 4 p.m. April 16, and features the artwork of 47 students graduating in May and December of 2016.
Doug Smith, jazz quartet, will provide musical accompaniment to complement the opening reception, which is free and open to the public.
Senior Art Exhibition is the culmination of the students’ undergraduate studies and showcases the artists they have grown to become as well as their potential path in the arts. The undergraduate group exhibition presents work in the concentrated studies of art education, art therapy, and studio arts concentrations in graphic design, illustration, painting, and photography. A closure experience for graduating art majors, participation in the group exhibition at Marywood University is a requirement of the Department of Visual Arts. Students will be receiving a bachelor of fine arts (BFA) or a bachelor of arts (BA) degree, depending on their area of study.
A representative work from each student will be on display in the Mahady Gallery and in the Shields Center for Visual Arts. Other examples of their artwork and portfolios will be on display throughout the various exhibition area in both the Shields Center for Visual Arts and the Insalaco Center for Studio Arts.
Exhibition participants are as follows:
• Art Education: Samantha Ziemba, of Old Forge.
• Art Therapy: Amber E. Baab, of Mountain Top; Heather Carr, of Taberg, New York; Deanna Eilenberger, of Stroudsburg; Tyler N. Fitchet, of Shippensburg; Noël Flynn, of Cambridge Maryland; Kaitlin C. Frey, of Moosic; Lydia R. Fulton, of Brick, New Jersey; Kellyann Kolanda, of Harrisburg; Julie C. Kowalski, of Woodbury Heights, New Jersey; Sabrina Laytos, of Scranton; Megan Lillie, of Bethlehem; Emily C. McElwain, of Harpursville, New York; Kristie McNeill, of Dunmore; Samantha J. Meck, of Topton; Julia C. Meeker, of Harleysville; Katherine Rubbe, of Jackson, New Jersey; Francesca Russo, of Farmingdale, New Jersey; Abigail E. Saint, of Dover, Delaware; Kristen Sampson, of Wapwallopen; Kristen E. Schreiber, of Ballston Lake, New York; Ashley Smith, of Alburtis; Amanda J. Snody, of Halifax; Deanna L. Spak, of Yatesville and Alyssa M. Wood, of West Babylon, New York.
• Graphic Design: David C. Bonomo, of Scranton; Maxwell V. Drake, of Morris Plains, New Jersey; Laura E. Drapek, of Scranton; Allyson L. Hawk, of Fogelsville; Jennifer Hinkley, of Fayetteville, North Carolina; Meghan R. McClarey, of Pembroke, Massachusetts; Caitlin R. Metzger, of New Ringgold; Casey N. Peckio, of Midland Park, New Jersey; Maria T. Ryle, of Clay, New York; Amber A. Sharkey, of Wilmington, Delaware and Allison N. Warner, Fleetwood.
• Illustration: Eric J. Bussart, of Clifford; Gillian Jeffords, of Warwick, New York; Kwangbum Lee, of Scranton; Cassidy Lesoine, of Stroudsburg; Deanna Szabo, of Kingston; Rebecca L. Vagnarelli, of Jessup and Zachary Yahn, of Clarks Summit.
• Painting: Lorianne Zarra, of Carbondale.
• Photography: Joanna F. Carrier, of Mohnton; Edward R. Griffith, of Spring City and Parker Reinecker, of Scranton.
Regular gallery hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday, Thursday, and Friday; 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday and 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. For more information, contact Marywood University Art Galleries at 570-348-6211, ext. 2428, or visit marywood.edu/galleries.
Information provided by Marywood University.