SCRANTON — During a weekend full of events for its returning graduates, Marywood University will honor six alumni with awards of excellence at a special reception. Marywood’s Alumni Weekend is set for Friday, June 3, through Sunday, June 5, on the university’s campus. The Alumni Awards Reception will be held at 5 p.m. Saturday, June 4 at Marywood’s School of Architecture.
This year’s alumni award recipients are as follows:
• Michele Abbott McDade, of Scranton, will receive the Sister M. Denis Donegan Award for Long Term Service to Marywood.
• Karen Murphy, R.N., Ph.D., of Clarks Summit, will receive the Award of Excellence in Health and Human Services.
• Marianne J. Gilmartin, Esq., of Moscow, will receive the Award of Excellence in Liberal Arts and Sciences.
• Patricia Cawley Joyce, of New Providence, New Jersey, will receive the Award of Excellence in Creative and Performing Arts.
• Michele Rodeghiero Joerg, of New York, will receive the Award of Excellence in Education and Human Development.
• Mandy Boyle Pennington, of Scranton will receive the Recent Alumni Award of Excellence for Professional Achievement.
In addition to the Alumni Awards Reception, Marywood’s Alumni Weekend will feature many events for all alumni, with special parties for graduates of classes ending in 1s and 6s, as well as classes of the last 15 years.
Graduates can take advantage of overnight accommodations available on campus and attend various affinity group reunion events, as well as a pub crawl, a street fair, several athletic/fitness events, wine and beer tastings, an all-alumni homecoming celebration, an after-party dessert reception, a Sunday liturgy, and a farewell mimosa brunch.
For more information or to register for various Alumni Weekend events, visit bit.ly/1WEjWHz, email [email protected] or call 570-348-6206. Registration for Alumni Weekend is appreciated by May 27.
Information provided by Marywood University.