Make your own crab headband with these simple instructions.
What you will need:
• A black marker
• Tape or glue
• One sheet of red paper
• A half sheet each of black and white paper
1. Cut two long strips of red paper and tape or glue them together to make a headband.
2. Also with red paper, cut out two oval shapes. On one curved end, cut out a rainbow shape to look like claws. Tape or glue the claws to the front, bottom area of the headband.
3. The last cut out of red paper is two small circles for the eyes. Also cut out two small circles for eyes with white paper. Use a black marker to color in black eyeballs on the white, then tape/glue the white eyes onto the red circles. Set them aside.
4. Cut out two thin strips of black paper about five inches long. Fold both strips in a back and forth crinkle fold. Open both up and tape or glue one eye to the top of each black strip. Tape or glue the other end to the top of the back side of the red headband. The claws should be at the bottom of this same area.
5. Use a black marker to make a “crabby” smile.
Jennifer Familetti is program coordinator at the Dalton Community Library. Reach the Abington Journal newsroom at 570-587-1148 or [email protected]