Kids: Get your room ready for the back to school season with this simple craft.
What you will need
• Construction paper (one full sheet of green and half sheets of yellow, red and white)
• A black marker
• A piece of string or tape (for hanging or taping to door or wall)
1. Start by drawing four circles on green paper, all he same size. Then draw a fifth one, but a little smaller for a tail. Next, draw two smaller oval shapes for hands.
2. Cut out all the circles and glue three of them diagonally downward to the right. Glue the fourth circle and smaller one for the tail going upward toward the right, coming up from the bottom circle. This will look like a “V shape” with the left side being longer.
3. Make the bookworm’s glasses by folding in half a piece of yellow paper. Draw and cut out two circles with a stem, looking apple shaped. When you unfold the paper, it will look like eye glasses. Draw and cut out two white circles to glue in the yellow glasses for lenses and color two black eyeballs in the lenses.
4. Draw and cut out a smile from red construction paper.
5. To make the little book sign, fold a piece of white paper in half. Cut the top at a rounded angle and keep the bottom square. Use the black marker to make your homework sign.
6. Glue all your pieces on to the bookworm. Once it’s dry, use a black marker to make spots on its back.
You can tape your cute bookworm on your door or use a string to hang it as a sign wherever you do homework.
Reach the Abington Journal newsroom at 570-587-1148 or email@example.com.