Teens: Thinking about what career path/s you would like to explore? Get the inside scoop from these titles, available at the Abington Community Library:
• “Careers in the Air Force” by Earle Rice Jr. and Wilson Camelo; “Careers in the U.S. Army” by Earl Rice Jr.; “Careers in the U.S. Marine Corps” by Taylor Baldwin Kiland and R. Conrad Stein, and “Careers in the U.S. Navy” by Taylor Baldwin Kiland
• “Careers: the graphic guide to finding the perfect job for you” by consultant and principal author Sarah Pawlewski
• “Communication skills for teens: how to listen, express, and connect for success” by Michelle Skeen, Matthew McKay, Patrick Fanning, and Kelly Skeen
• “Forensic science specialists: making sense of crime scene evidence” by Don Rauf and Judith Williams
• “Powering up a career in software development and programming” by Daniel E. Harmon
• “Top STEM careers in engineering” by Gina Hagler
• “Top STEM careers in math” by Corona Brezina
• “Top STEM careers in science” by Anastasia Suen
• “Top STEM careers in technology” by Laura La Bella
• “Volunteering smarts: how to find opportunities, create a positive experience, and more” by Sandy Donovan
• “What would we do without you?: a guide to volunteer activities for kids” by Kathy Henderson
In this book, teens will learn the necessary skills, such as assertiveness, active listening and compassion, to become an effective communicator for life.
Reach the Abington Journal newsroom at 570-587-1148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.