Today, the Luzerne County Fair will open its gates at 4 p.m. for the second night.
The 54th annual Luzerne County Fair will continue through Sunday night, offering a variety of entertainment and activities for every age.
The following attractions are scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 8:
• 4 p.m. fair opens.
• 5 p.m. amusement rides and games open.
• 5:30 p.m. Agri-Puppets will perform on the Midway, plus steer and 4-H Market Animal judging will be held in the Livestock Arena.
• 6 p.m. Pork Chop Review, a performance by several swine, will perform in the Kiddie Land area.
• 6:30 p.m., Hansen’s Spectacular, a trapeze show, will be held in the Kiddie Land area. Also, goat and sheep judging will be conducted in the Livestock Arena.
• 7 p.m. a Tractor Parade will be held in the Horse Arena and Sweet Pepper and The Long Hots will take the Main Stage.
• 7:30 p.m. Agri-Puppets will perform on the Midway.
• 8 p.m. Pork Chop Review will entertain again in the Kiddie Land area.
• 8:30 p.m. Hansen’s Spectacular, a trapeze show, will perform again in the Kiddie Land area.
• 11 p.m. Fairgrounds close.
Admission to the Luzerne County Fair is $10. Children 2 years old and younger are admitted free. The entry fee for senior citizens Thursday is $5. Sunday is Family Fun Day where children ages 3 to 12 will be admitted for $6.
For information on upcoming events, visit luzernecountyfair.com.
Reach Eileen Godin at 570-991-6387 or on Twitter @TLNews