What you will need:
• A pencil
• Glue, tape or a stapler
• Markers, crayons or colored pencils
• Red and white construction paper
• Two pipe cleaners
1. Start your headband by cutting two strips of white construction paper. Cut them both the entire length of the paper, about four or five inches wide. Ask someone for help to measure the two pieces to come together for your headband. Don’t clip the headband together yet, but size each piece out.
2. On one side of each strip, decorate by drawing hearts, smiley faces or anything you think is cute for Valentine’s Day. Color in your drawings with markers, crayons or colored pencils. This headband can be decorated however you choose.
3. Next, have someone help measure the headband around your head, and staple or tape it closed. Choose which area is the front.
4. Staple or tape the bottom of two pipe cleaners to the inside of the headband, putting 1 pipe cleaner over each eye area like antennas.
5. Cut out two medium sized hearts and tape one to the top of each pipe cleaner.
Jennifer Familetti is program coordinator at the Dalton Community Library. Reach the Abington Journal at 570-587-1148 or [email protected]