Celebrate Valentine’s Day with these children’s books from the Abington Community Library:
•“Valentines here! Valentines there!” Join in the excitement of giving valentines to others with “Valentine Mice!” by Bethany Roberts and illustrated by Doug Cushman. This bright picture book with minimal text is sure to get anyone excited about the holiday.
• It is only a week until Valentine’s Day, but Lily cannot seem to make the perfect valentine for Mommy. Will she ever create the perfect heart? Find out in “Valentine Surprise” by Corinne Demas with illustrations by R. W. Alley.
• Did you know there was a man named Valentine who became the patron saint of love? Discover more “heartfelt” facts in “Valentine’s Day Is…” by Gail Gibbons.
• Create a friendship necklace, bookmark, ornament, and more in “Valentine’s Day Crafts” by Arlene and Herbert Erlbach.
• It is Valentine’s Day in the Hundred Acre Wood. How will the friends celebrate? Find out in “Pooh’s Valentine” by Isabel Gaines.
• Readers who are starting to enjoy short chapter books will like “Happy Valentine’s Day, Miss Hildy!” by Lois G. Grambling. Miss Hildy loves to solve mysteries, but the mystery of her secret admirer may be her toughest case yet.
• Kids who like animals will love “The Critter Club” series by Callie Barkley. In “Ellie’s Lovely Idea,” Ellie tries to raise money for a charity called Puppy Love by selling singing telegrams for Valentine’s Day. But will Ellie get a valentine of her own?
Laura Gardoski is head of youth services at the Abington Community Library. Reach the Abington Journal newsroom at 570-587-1148 or [email protected]