Kids: Celebrate Easter with these books from the Abington Community Library:
• Show your baby some board books to introduce him or her to stories without worry of damaging pages. Try “Llama Llama Easter Egg” by Anna Dewdney and find out what the Easter Bunny brings Llama Llama.
• In “Ollie’s Easter Eggs” by Olivier Dunrea, all the goslings dye and hide eggs for the big Easter hunt. But what will happen when Ollie decides that all of the eggs are for him?
• A little bunny and her father enjoy a special day in “Easter Parade” illustrated by Lisa McCue. The story includes the sheet music for the classic song, with words and music by Irving Berlin.
• Milo is a bunny. A really big bunny. Will this misfit ever be able to fit in? Find out in “Milo the Really Big Bunny” written by Stephen Krensky and illustrated by Melissa Suber.
• Find something to create this holiday season in “Easter Crafts” written by Jean Eick and illustrated by Petelinsek. Try paper eggs, a bunny basket, egg holders, and more.
• Hilarity ensues when the Old Lady swallows something strange once again in the picture book “There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Chick!” written by Lucille Colandro and illustrated by Jared Lee.
• Fans of Junie B. Jones will enjoy her Easter tale: “Dumb Bunny” by Barbara Park. Junie B., first grader, is determined to win the Easter egg hunt in order to be awarded the prize of a play date with Lucille in her heated swimming pool.
Laura Gardoski is head of youth services at the Abington Community Library. Reach the Abington Journal newsroom at 570-587-1148 or [email protected]